Friday, November 20, 2009

And Done.

I am officially in remission. Whoo-hoo! I am off of the methotrexate and not exhibiting any Wegener's Symptoms. It has been a very long time since I have felt so healthy. I was sick for so many years without knowing what was wrong before I was diagnosed. It is amazing to wake up and be able to walk without arthritis, to feel 32 years old instead of 82. It is a delight not to have a constant cough and runny nose. I am so happy to be able to go through a day without taking a nap (or two).

Now that I am off of the prednisone, I have been able to loose 25 pounds of the 50 pounds I
gained during treatment. I have been following the weight watchers program and have no doubt I'll soon be back at my normal weight.

Good luck to anyone out there who was diagnosed with this awful disease. Know that it is possible to get into remission and one day stand on the other side again.

1 comment:

j said...

I have Wegeners Granulomatosis too. Lord it's worth it to be in remission. My doctors a few months back cleared me to be there but lately more signs of inflamtion have been showing up so it was put off to tell people. I was also reading down father- yay to be off the prednisone. I'm still on 4 mg, and i was diagnosed in 08. I really don't enjoy it, but who does? haha. It's good to know some one else is going through WG as well.
-Jillian